Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Billy Goat's Gruff

After being inspired to use fabric panels as wall hangings, I was able to purchase some great new fabric from Ikea, perfect to use as art. Then, as fate would have it, one of my favorite co-crafty friends, Leslie (check her out here: Printed Press) sent me a tutorial, so it was time to get started on my project. The tutorial, found on Bella Dia, was so easy to do, I would be willing to try the "quilted hanging fabric project" highlighted on her site as a faux-headboard.

First, I purchased a piece of poster board, as well as double sided poster tape. After applying the double sided tape on the back of the poster board, it was as easy as wrapping a Christmas present (the job usually designated to me by my father when I was younger). The most difficult part was cutting & centering the fabric, but since nothing is permanent in this project, it was easy to move around to your liking. Finally, I hung it with wall putty, just in case I need to move it around. The end product was so satisfying that I'm ready to start my next project.

Any ideas for a neo-crafter?

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, you need to drop whatever you're doing and just create for a living...

    Amazing! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison, you're always so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete