Friday, August 27, 2010

Short Guide to Life

I read this post on Zen Habits today, and something about the simpleness struck me.

So here you go, the short guide to life:

less TV, more reading
less shopping, more outdoors
less clutter, more space
less rush, more slowness
less consuming, more creating
less junk, more real food
less busywork, more impact
less driving, more walking
less noise, more solitude
less focus on the future, more on the present
less work, more play
less worry, more smiles
breathe

My favorite (maybe because I just happen to be at work as I was reading this) was "less busywork, more impact." Short and sweet. I am making this my new motto.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! Julie Lanier referred me to your blog, and she may have referred you to mine!! LOOOVE your ZEN post! I just posted about finding a "balanced balance" in my life... pretty sure your post is pretty dang inspiring. :) Nice to virtually meet you by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren - Thanks for the nice note!! The Zen post really struck me! I'm so glad it was timely and helpful for you too. I look forward to getting to know each other virtually! :) Maybe we can drag Jules into the blogging party too....

    ReplyDelete